05 January 2007

Christmas Gifts

Christmas Gifts Illustration
click image for larger view

This should really be titled, "Almost Everything I Got for Christmas." I drew this Christmas day (so I could play with my new markers) and I didn't end up drawing all my gifts. But I did get in the butterfly clip my niece, Lyz, gave me.

In other news, I flew home to Massachusetts today and it was a bumpy ride. I was doodling a bit during a pit-stop, when one of the flight attendants asked me to draw his portrait. Well, first he asked me if the woman sitting next to me was my sister. She wasnt. But I did end up drawing him, off of a little happy-faced photo on his business card. I think he sells juice when he's on the ground.

So, I was hoping to maybe get a free cocktail or an extra bag of peanuts outta him, but there was so much turbulence that the flight attendants had to stay seated the entire ride. One day I'll profit from this little skill of mine, one day.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd accept nothing less than 35,000 air miles as a swap for a drawing.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I really like your style!

Anonymous said...

What is it with airline personel hitting on customers lately?!(*my gf got hit on by the front ticket guy! Offered HIS business card too!!) .. GGGggrrrr.....

Hope you use up your markers real soon :)

ariel

Anonymous said...

and hey.. congrats on the pic of the word (*buzz)

Mine will probably never be picked.. new york city

Unknown said...

Hey that turned out nice! You're very talented, I am sure that you'll be blowing your nose with ten dollar bills someday...

well maybe not, cause that would be really wasteful, and someone, somewhere could probably use that money, but you catch my drift.

Vern Mercado said...

great blog and nice links. you are so cool!

Aline Bottcher said...

wowww
loooved it here!!!
i'll be coming back!!!

and yes, getting markers as gift rock...

esillustration said...

WOAH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO FOR BUZZ!?!?!?!??!

esillustration said...

Cool drawing BTW!!

Phillip Boutte Jr. said...

Lots of energy on this blog. Feels like reading a journal but with pictures. Very nice.

Unknown said...

soo cute!! What a great way to remember Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

i expect that there will a updated version of this post once you get my gift... hehe.

Anonymous said...

I really like this page, and your paper dolls too!

Jeannetto said...

wait a second wait a second wait a second, ariel...

he was hitting on me?

esillustration said...

i want a glittery butterfly clip AND YOUR PURSE!

Anonymous said...

Prisma markers, what an exciting gift! They're still on my wish list :)

That purse looks like a great gift too!

Eric Dyck said...

yay prismacolour.

great work as always...thanks for stopping by, and happy new year!